Grandmother’s 12 Tips On Keeping The House Clean
Keeping your house clean and tidy and dust-free is important not only for turn up and comfort, but also for your good health. Keeping an orderly house is so much easier now compared with grandmother’s time. Grandmother would most probably had a few maids and extended family members to help her while our helpers now are uprights or canister vacuum cleaners, hepa filter vacuum cleaners, carpet steam cleaners, steam mops or electric brooms.
Grandmother would have had a list of house rules to make house cleaning easier. Maybe we can learn from her.
1. Always put back things in their proper place after using them.
2. Do not leave anything lying around on the floors or tables.
3. Always tidy up the bed every morning.
4. Leave the bathroom tidy after using. A quick wipe of the bath and hand basin after use makes weekly cleaning easier.
5. Put away magazines or books after reading them.
6. Wipe your feet on doormats before entering the house, making it so much easier to keep floors clean.
7. Wipe up spills closest.
8. Hang up clean clothes closest and put dirty clothes into laundry baskets closest after changing.
9. Open doors and windows of living areas if weather permitting, to allow in fresh air.
10. Thoroughly clean house at the minimum once a week, not forgetting the ceilings in addition as difficult-to -reach-spots.
11. Spring cleaning once a year with the onset of the warmer spring weather is a must. These include all drawers, wardrobes, cupboards and kitchen cabinets or pantry. Give or throw away stuff that are never used or no longer useful.
12. Keep a shopping list and jot down things that has been used up and needed buying.
Vacuuming everyday is a good idea but if not functional, then a weekly job would be fine. Using the carpet steam cleaner once every few months or more regularly on high traffic areas helps to continue carpets and floors better, keeping them sparkling clean and looking brand new.
The carpet cleaning machine with its heated cleaning system comes highly recommended for households with carpets and pets, keeping carpets clean, soft and sanitized. Cleaning out the vacuum cleaners and carpet cleaning machines after using is important. Removing the residual fluff or dust that has accumulated improves efficiency and life of the machines.
Decorating the house with fresh flowers after cleaning, gives it the final finishing touch in addition as a sense of real achievement. Yes, grandmother knows best when it comes to house cleaning.