Internet Marketing Tools – Linking Your Domain to Your Web Hosting Acc…
A meaningful step to making money online is making sure that your web great number and your domain name are connected properly. It isn’t difficult when you know the steps. I really like checklists…it makes it super easy to know you have covered all the steps…they are some of my favorite internet marketing tools. Here is my 17 step checklist to linking your domain name to your web hosting account.
In this checklist I refer to the web hosting company great number Gator, and domain registrar GoDaddy but the steps are pretty much the same if you use a different sets.
- Look for the email you received from great number Gator
- Write down your name server addresses or print out that email
- Find email from GoDaddy with your customer number and gather the username and password you chose when setting up your domain.
- Open your browser and go to GoDaddy.com
- Log in to your account at right-hand side of screen.
- Click on “My Account” in the same right-hand side panel.
- Click on “Domains”
- Scroll down to “My Domains” and click.
- Click on the domain name that you want to link to hosting
- Click on the icon in the tool bar that says “Name Servers.”
- Click on radio button that says “Custom Name Servers” (I great number my domains in other places.)
- Highlight the default name server addresses, and delete them.
- go into the great number Gator name servers that you wrote down from the HostGator email. Make sure that you kind it exactly as you got it from great number Gator including the dots.
- Scroll over and click on “OK.”
- Scroll over again and click “No Thanks, Set NameServers”
- Click OK that it will take a few minutes for the changes to take effect
- Log out of GoDaddy and close window.
It takes up to 48 hours for your name servers to be up and running; however,it could be just a associate of hours.
That is how you link your domain names to your web hosting account! The next time you login to your GoDaddy account you should see your new domain servers and you are ready to move on to your next step-building and uploading webpages and blogs. Print out this checklist and keep it with your internet marketing tools, including your list of usernames and passwords