Retiring To France

Retiring To France

People residing in Great Britain and wishing to retire permanently in France should first inform their D.S.S. office a few weeks before the intended date of departure. The D.S.S. will set the necessary administrative arrangements in motion. (See address below).

– You are planning to move before you get your state pension (eg: you are already in receipt of your private pension)

You should apply for a form E106 (medical cover for up to 2 years) – see D.S.S. – Alternatively, a private insurance or voluntary contributions should be considered when the E106 expires or if you have not reached the age of state retirement (Contact your local French social security office).

– People receiving a UK state pension only

If the pensioner does not get a pension from France at a later date, the United Kingdom will accept costs. A form E121GB will be issued on request from the pensioner to allow him to register for health care in France.

– People receiving both a UK and French pensions

In this case, the French sickness insurance institution will be responsible for the health care costs and the pensioner will be treated as a French pensioner for health care purposes.

– People receiving a UK pension and will ultimately receive another EU pension at a later date

A form E121GB will be issued. When the French (or other European Union Country) pension becomes payable, the health care limitations will be reviewed. For example, the E121GB may have to be cancelled if insurance periods in the other European Union country were no longer than those in the UK. The Health care costs will then be the responsibility of this European Union country, which will provide the form E121.

leave your comment

Featured Posts

Recent Posts

  • 350 T15 An Phú Đông Q.12 TP.HCM
2,750.00$ (Fixed)
  • 350 T15 An Phú Đông Q.12 TP.HCM
9.98$ (Fixed)
  • Tĩnh lộ 8, CỦ CHI
5,400,000.00$ (Negotiable)
  • Thạnh Xuân 38, Phường Thạnh Xu...
108,000.00$ (Negotiable)

Recent comments